AMPLIFi Family & Private Governance Education
We have a range of education and development programs for our clients, directors and the general public.
AMPLIFi Education programs
- Advisory Boards – Pitfalls and Practice. A half day program to certify Directors and Advisory Board members as Advisory Board members. Advisory Boards, whilst the simplest form of governance, are one of the most murky in terms of legal, fiduciary and practical implementation. This program provides participants with then knowledge, tools and understanding essential to ensure that they are not at risk and contribute the maximum value to their enterprise.
- Associate Director Accreditation. A full day program to certify independent directors as Family & Private Governance practitioners. This is a mandatory education program for all AMPLIFi Associate Directors.
- Practical Governance Workshop. A half day program for multiple participant firms to understand, define and establish a working board for their business. This workshop focuses on practical knowledge and tools with participants leaving with resources developed specifically for their needs. This program also includes an introductory subscription to AMPLIFiMyBoard.
- Family & Private Governance Kick Start Workshop. This half day program is specifically designed to work with our clients to ensure that all stakeholder questions are answered, the business culture, values and operations understood and a clear pathway for implementing an appropriate governance pathway is agreed. Focused on practical outcomes, it covers the fundamentals of Family & Private Governance, Board (Advisory, Governing or Formal) establishment or enhancement and the creation of the tools and resources required to implement. Facilitated by a leading Family & Private Governance expert and supported by AMPLIFi’s tools and resources, this program also includes a 12 month subscription to AMPLIFiMyBoard.
- Practical Governance Workshop Half Day Program for multiple participants from a client firm to understand, define and establish a working board for their business and what governance means for their business. The workshop focuses on practical knowledge and tools, with participants leaving with resources developed specifically for their needs. The workshop includes an assessment of a pre completed online ‘Fact Find’ form which helps business identify any governance gaps within the business. There is also an introductory subscription to AMPLIFiMyBoard, an online Board Portal valued at $1,089 plus 2 hours complimentary training. Following the workshop, AMPLIFi will provide suitable candidate profiles which meet the needs of the company, facilitate the interview process and subsequent negotiations and agreements.
- Family and Private Governance Course (FPDC©). Our flagship program over 4 days is designed to provide practicing directors, aspiring professional directors or C-level executives with the insight, knowledge and tools to deliver practical governance in the Family & Private business environment. The course is delivered by respected authorities within their fields, all of whom are recognised and experienced family or private business directors. The program includes formal education modules, panels, discussions and syndicate work. An assignment and other assessment can be undertaken to earn the the Certified Family & Private Director CFPD© qualification. The program includes 12 months subscription to AMPLIFiMyBoard valued at $1089 plus 2 hours complimentary training. The aim of the FPDC© is to empower participants with the following understandings:
- Their responsibilities as directors to an organisation
- Their legal responsibilities and risks within their jurisdiction and context
- The complexities of culture, values, politics (family or organisational) and motivators that exist within the Family & Private Governance environment
- How effective governance is about ‘best fit’ not ‘best practice’ within the Family & Private Governance environment
- To arm them with a Director Tool kit of templates, documents and other resources to assist them as directors
- To provide examples of the types of complex ‘shade of grey’ issues that they may expect to encounter
- To provide a practical methodology for chairing and running a board process within an organization
AMPLIFi delivers a range of additional education and specific presentations through our valued community of Family & Private governance experts and CFPD alumni. Please review our Calendar of events for upcoming education programs and events.